PHOTO TO FOLLOW
banana CUPCAKES w/peanut butter icing
- 1.5 cups very ripe bananas (3-4 overpripe bananas)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3+ cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup soft margerine or butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups buttermilk (you can make homemade by adding 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice to regular milk)
- 1 CUP CHOPPED WALNUTS (OR WHATEVER NUT YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE)
Pre-heat oven to 350º F, and grease your muffin tins
- Mash banana, and mix with lemon juice. Set aside
- Add all dry ingredients in a med size bowl. Set aside.
- For homemade buttermilk, combine buttermilk and vinegar/lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a portable mixer
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Beat in all dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk
- Stir in bananas.
- Pour batter into your cake pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 40-45 minutes ± (my oven heats everything hotter) so you know how your oven
PEANUT BUTTER / CREAM CHEESE ICING RECIPE:
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp (1/2 block)
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3.0 cups (powdered sugar or confectioner’s sugar)
Cream peanut butter and cream cheese.
Beat in vanilla and icing sugar on low until combined, then high until smooth.
WHEN CAKE IS COOL, GO AHEAD AND ICE IT and PLACE IN REFRIGERATOR AT LEAST 50 MINUTES.